Friday 6 February 2009

The thing about living in the southwest is that even though I keep my apartment OCD-level clean (vacuumed daily, surfaces disinfected twice daily, dishes washed immediately, produce in the disposal rather than the bin, garbage taken out daily anyway), and even though I live in a nice, clean complex that is well maintained, and even though the exterminator comes at least monthly, I have roaches. Not big roaches, but roaches nonetheless. I try to make myself feel better by telling myself "You know, you only found and killed one today, and it was really small," but roaches are kind of a binary state of existance. Like gun shot wounds.

I've been enjoying Netfilx Watch At Home, particularly the documentaries. I've not got the time for proper reviews, but documentarys I've enjoyed lately include the following:


loudQUIETloud: A Film about the Pixies
The Comedians of Comedy
The Celluloid Closet
The Pixar Story
Hubert Selby Jr: It/ll Be Better Tomorrow
The Outsider (About James Toback)
Crumb
Little Dieter Needs to Fly
Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride
Absolute Wilson (About Robert Wilson)
Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control
Ken Burns' Frank Lloyd Wright
Neil Gaiman's A Short Film About John Bolton

Basically, these films being listed here is just a stamp of approval. You'd not want to read documentary reviews anyway. You already know the story a little, you don't need any more spelled out. Special marks go to Absolute Wilson, Crumb, The Comedians of Comedy, and Hubert Selby Jr.: It/ll be Better Tomorrow.

I've been watching a lot of fiction films lately as well. More on that later.

No comments: