Monday 5 January 2009

I don't adore musicals. I don't like musicals. I do love The HMS Pinafore and La Cage aux Folles. And that is all. OK West Side Story kind of.

So I'm packing up to go back back back to Albuquerque. Not much to pack really. Had a normal night, played I Love Lucy themed Monopoly with my family. It reminded me of what's really heartbreaking about my new place and circle. In Glasgow, I could ring people up and invite them round for board games. Not in a kitschy way, just because everyone knows that they're fun. Here, when you're at people's houses, it's because the bars are about to close and someone has drugs. I kinda like drugs. Not to take but to be around. Maybe it makes me feel Rock and Roll. But here there are no quiet nights of board games and good wine.

Gosh, I've just been sounding so so so naff. It's not so bad. There are things that I love. There are people I love. It's just cold and there's not enough booze.

No comments: